Skin peeling is quite common during weather change. But other than that, skin dryness and lack of moisture are other causes. Really bad cases of skin peeling can cause you itching as well. Irrespective of the causes, what are the most effective home remedies for peeling skin? I have gathered for you the most trusted ones. You can now do skin peeling treatment at home. So, read on to beat your skin dryness!
1. Treating peeling and dry skin with olive (Jaitoon) oil: Olive oil, or more popularly the liquid gold of the ancient era, has enormous health benefits. Olive oil for dry skin is just too amazing for healing and nourishing it at the same time. It will also lock your skin with moisture. Simply take some extra virgin olive oil and heat it a little. Gently massage the affected areas of your skin with it. Repeating the remedy 3 times a day will improve the condition of your skin.
2. Treating peeling and dry skin with aloe vera: Quite astonishing but aloe vera has high chances of rocking the medicine world soon as the greatest cure for diseases. The plant has been blessing the ancients with its moisturizing properties. Aloe vera for peeling skin is surely an awesome remedy. Take a meaty aloe vera leaf and remove the outer layer to get the pulp. Rub the pulp over the affected areas. Wash it off when it has air-dried. Doing this once in morning and once in evening will speed up the healing.
3. Treating peeling and dry skin with oatmeal (Daliya): Oatmeal for peeled skin? Makes a lot of sense! Oatmeal, or daliya, can be very satisfying if you want healthy skin. Since, it has soothing properties, it helps the skin to retain natural moisture. Mix one tablespoon of oat flour and 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply and leave it on your skin for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it with warm water. If you are applying this over your face and neck, add 1 tablespoon of milk too.
4. Treating peeling and dry skin with milk: Milk builds healthy bones, strong teeth, happy heart and beautiful skin too! Why so many skin moisturizers use milk for better results is clear. The lactic acid in milk works too well for irritated skin. Take 2 tablespoons of whole milk and add 1 tablespoon of honey. Cover the affected areas of skin with this mixture. Now slowly massage and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it with warm water. Repeating the remedy twice a week will be enough to treat your skin.
5. Treating peeling and dry skin with almond oil: Crunchy and tasty almonds are a fantastic source of antioxidants. And so is almond oil. If you are wondering how to get rid of peeling skin really fast, almond oil, perhaps, is the best home remedy for you. Directly massage your skin with it. This will give you quick relief. Applying it at night would allow the oil to work better. From root to tip, it will nourish your skin perfectly.
6. Treating peeling and dry skin with cucumber: As I told you the benefits of cucumber in my previous blogs too, I am sure, just like me, you too would have become really fond of the vegetable by now. It has the right amount of water to facilitating skin treatment. Simply grate 1 cucumber to make a paste. Now apply it on your skin. Rinse it with warm water after 20 minutes. Repeat the remedy 2 times a day.
7. Treating peeling and dry skin with coconut oil: It goes without saying that coconut oil is one of the best home remedies for dry skin. You surely have it with you at home. So, here is another exciting use for it. Warm some coconut oil and massage your skin with it. You don’t need to wash but make sure dust and sun don’t affect your skin directly. You can massage your skin with coconut oil everyday to keep it soft and healthy.
8. Treating peeling and dry skin with honey: Are you aware of the skin-saving and antibacterial properties of honey? If your peeling and dry skin is causing you itching too, you can use honey for the perfect treatment. Simply rub a little amount of it on the damaged areas. Keep it for at least 20 minutes before you wash it with lukewarm water. You can also take 1 teaspoon of honey, turmeric (haldi) powder and sandalwood (chandan) powder. Apply and keep it for 30 minutes. Then wash it with warm water.
9. Treating peeling and dry skin with yogurt: Plain yogurt has acids and enzymes that can deeply moisturize your damaged skin. All you have to do is add 2 tablespoons of honey to 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Cover your damaged skin generously with this mixture. Wash it with warm water after it has dried on its own. You can also use curd in place of yogurt.
10. Treating peeling and dry skin with mint: Mint is a beneficial herb for rejuvenating your skin. The remedy I will now be sharing with you should be performed at night. Extract the juice of fresh mint leaves, enough to cover your skin. Apply it before you sleep. Bathe with lukewarm water the next day and apply a light moisturizer afterwards.
11. Treating peeling and dry skin with papaya: Papaya will surprise you with its another amazing benefit. It can conceal all your skin problems with its extract. Mash some slices of papaya and rub it on your skin. Keep it for at least 20 minutes before you wash. This method is among the most effective home remedies for dry skin on legs.
12. Treating peeling and dry skin with baking soda: Skin peeling on face can be really embarrassing. If you want tried and tested home remedies for dry face, you should probably take advantage of baking soda. Take 1 or 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Add water or rose water enough to make a paste. Cover your face with the paste. Rub it off with your fingers after 1 minute. Use lukewarm water to wash it. Using the remedy twice a week will be good for your skin.
13. Treating peeling and dry skin with lemon juice: Health benefits of lemon are too good to be true. Magical the fruit may be, but the benefits are surely true. This incredible home remedy demands you to squeeze some juicy lemon. Mix some lemon juice with a pinch of sugar and rub it on the affected areas of your skin. Use this remedy everyday until your skin has healed completely.
14. Treating peeling and dry skin with grapes: One of your favourite fruits, grapes are rich in alpha hydroxyl acids, or more famously AHA. That is why a grape mask will be too awesome to get rid of your peeling and dry skin. To make a grape mask, mash some grapes into a smooth paste. Apply it to your skin and keep it for 30 minutes. Cleanse your face with cold water.
15. Treating peeling and dry skin with pineapple: It’s time to immerse yourself in the health benefits of pineapple. Pineapple is another fruit that contains AHA. Peel off a fresh pineapple. Slice it into small pieces and get out the juice. Pour the juice over your skin and gently massage. Cleanse your skin after 15 minutes with cold water.
An amazing bonus remedy: Bananas want you to be happy!
The soft and sweet fruit is good to snack on! But did you know the fascinating ways bananas can help make your life better? Add them to your cereal anytime and enjoy the rich intake of potassium and fiber. In an instant, a banana can raise up your energy. But more than an energy booster, bananas boost your skin too! Though the fruit is common, it is extremely nutritious for you and your skin.
Take 1 ripe banana and mash it well. Apply it on your skin and let it sit for at least 20 minutes. Then wash your face with lukewarm water. But, since, you know how effective yogurt too is, you can use another home remedy with banana. Cut 1 ripe banana into half. Mash it and add some yogurt, enough to make a paste. Apply this paste on your face. Cleanse your face with water after 15 minutes. Performing any of these natural remedies for dry skin once daily will make your look healthy and pleasing always.