You are already sweet, dear reader. I really believe, you don’t need sugar in your blood too. However, if you have begun to notice symptoms of diabetes or are suffering the disease already, you still have the chance to fight back. But how to control diabetes when your busy everyday routine doesn’t even allow you to breathe? Happily, here I have for you the most effective home remedies for diabetes. With these followed, you will enjoy your life to the fullest.
1. Controlling diabetes with apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar uses are many but do you know the most beneficial one among these? Combine 2 tablespoons of water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Consume 1 ounce of cheese and take the mixture along with it before you sleep. Or you can mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey in half a cup of water. Drink it once post your meal. Do this for a week and check the results to see how effective the remedy has been.
2. Controlling diabetes with water: How can we forget the most reliable source of life? It may sound strange, but we never wondered that water has no calories or carbohydrates. Isn’t it the perfect drink! It won’t raise, rather, flush out the glucose from the blood. You should definitely drink at least 8 to 10 200ml glasses of water per day.
3. Controlling diabetes with Alfalfa: Alfalfa is one of the best natural remedies for diabetes. And yes! There is ample scientific evidence for this. Researchers have found that the powerful leaves of the herb are useful in controlling blood sugar levels. Steep 1 teaspoon of alfalfa leaves or unsprouted leaves in 2 cups of boiling water for ten minutes. The tea may taste a little bland at first but gradually you will develop the taste for it.
4. Controlling diabetes with low salt diet: Consuming too much of salt could be really dangerous for diabetics. A diet heavily loaded with salt could double your chances of heart attack or stroke. Controlling salt should be as important for you as sugar. You can choose more of fresh meat, vegetables and fruits as healthy alternatives to cheese and chips.
5. Controlling diabetes with canola oil: Cooking with canola oil can really help diabetics lower their blood sugar levels. The plant-based oil is a good source of alpha-linolenic. That is why it effectively lowers sugar in blood as well as bad cholesterol. All you have to do is replace the oil you are using now with canola oil.
6. Controlling diabetes with gluten-free diet: As you would know, gluten is the protein found in several grains like wheat, barley and rye. Diabetics who have been diagnosed with the celiac disease are usually recommended to follow a gluten-free diet. Gluten can damage their small intestine with inflammation. If you too have been diagnosed with the celiac disease, I will advise you to avoid gluten for the rest of your life.
7. Controlling diabetes with sleep: 8 hours of sound sleep are really important for you to release out stress and relax your body. So develop a good bedtime routine and make it a priority! Your body will gradually adapt to this routine when you get up and retire to bed at the same time.
8. Controlling diabetes with bitter gourd juice: Bitter gourd juice is a powerful natural medicine for diabetes. To get the most out of the juice, consider drinking it in the morning on an empty stomach. Not only will it lower your blood sugar levels but also prevent any complications related to the disease.
9. Controlling diabetes with fenugreek: The aromatic plant has both culinary and medicinal uses. You can happily use fenugreek for diabetes too. Fenugreek slows down the digestion process so carbohydrates and sugar can be absorbed better. Every morning, consume 1 teaspoon of fenugreek powder with lukewarm water. You will see the results within a week only.
10. Controlling diabetes with Indian gooseberry: Indian gooseberry or amla is the fresh fruit that will control your diabetes quickly. The sour taste may freak you but you can sip water in-between for a sweet aftertaste. Or you could simply crush the extract after removing the seed. About 5 to 10 ml per day would amaze you with the results.
11. Controlling diabetes with mango leaves: While you may be throwing away the tender mango leaves, little would you know how good they are at managing diabetes. Our forefathers knew how well they relieved the symptoms of the disease. All you have to do is soak them overnight in a cup of water. Then strain and drink the water in the morning. Now the next time you buy the fruit, save the mango leaves for diabetes!
12. Controlling diabetes with curry leaves: Curry leaves make the food a lot healthier and add the much needed unique taste to it. But you can utilize them even more to control your sugar levels. Eat at least 10 curry leaves raw or add them into your salad. You can also nourish your soup with these.
13. Controlling diabetes with aloe vera:
Aloe vera for diabetes is a remedy you can commonly hear of. But you might not know why and how the plant can help you. Aloe vera is glucomannan, a dietary fiber that easily dissolves in water. It will naturally regulate your blood sugar levels. That is why regular intake of fresh aloe vera juice is often recommended. With 5 to 15 ml of juice, your blood sugar levels will lower down a lot.
14. Controlling diabetes with cinnamon: Cinnamon or dalchini is a nutritional superfood that has large amounts of antioxidants. The flavouring agent will help you prevent and even control diabetes. Powder some cinnamon at home and it to your tea or coffee. You can also sprinkle it on your toast. Easy and delightful, isn’t it? Cinnamon for diabetes is surely a wondrous cure!
15. Controlling diabetes with guava: Diabetics would know that constipation is a common complication of the disease. This fruit is packed with dietary fiber that will help you with constipation. So, if you are a diabetic with low glycemic index, you should snack on some sweet and juicy guavas.
Bonus tip: Heal it with sunlight!
Here is the cheapest and the simplest way you can reduce symptoms of diabetes. Exposure to sun can play an important role in controlling your diabetes. Do you know why countries like Finland and Sweden have the maximum rate of type 1 diabetes? Probably, because of the amount of sunlight they receive over a year. Experts believe 30 minutes of sunlight is right as well as safe for you and your skin. However, if you are living in an area devoid of sunlight, you can take vitamin D supplements daily.
Diabetes will challenge you to fight every day. But you should let nothing stand in your way to a happy life. Though these remedies are really easy and truly beneficial, you can thank me later for the wealth of natural medicines I have shared with you. I still have a lot more simple, quick and interesting diabetes home remedies for you. So watch out for these!