Onion Essential Oil: When and How to Use
Throughout the history, onions have been benefiting us with their amazing advantages. Even scientists have agreed to the power of these in making our life more healthier and enjoyable. While we surely enjoy crispy onions with so many delicacies we eat, could have we ever thought about how beneficial onion essential oil too could be for us? When I researched about what I was wondering, I was truly overwhelmed with the advantages I discovered. Here are the top 10 of the most awesome advantages of onion essential oil I would like to share with you.
- Onion essential oil for respiratory problems: Among the numerous health benefits of onion essential oil, the most helpful one is its ability to fight the respiratory problems. Being an expectorant, it has the medicinal value that helps to loosen the mucus when you cough it up. It clears the respiratory tracts which promote smooth flow of air. If you are a sinus patient, onion essential oil will help you reduce cough and phlegms. All you have to do is apply a few drops of the onion essential oil around your chest, neck and other respiratory parts before you sleep. It will give you the results in the morning.
- Onion essential oil for hair growth: Onion essential oil is one of the best natural remedies for hair growth. Nothing is better than nourishing your hair with it. Being rich in Sulphur, it reduces thinning as well as hair loss. So, if you really love your hair, pour some of it on your scalp and gently massage your head. The massage, when done regularly, will clear your scalp, remove dandruff, grow your hair longer and also make them soft.
- Onion essential oil to heal wounds: Did you know onion essential oil has various antifungal and antibacterial properties? You can always count on this wondrous oil to heal any cuts or wounds. First clean with water the area affected. Then gently apply the oil with the help of a cotton ball. Leave it there for some time. This antiseptic agent will surely save your day.
- Onion essential oil as a painkiller: Onion essential oil works as an excellent pain reliever, especially if you are feeling pain in tooth. Its bactericidal attributes kill the germs and bacteria that is causing the pain. Clearly, the infection will not spread any further. Just apply a little amount of it over the area that is paining. You can also use onion essential oil for preventing tooth decay.
- Onion essential oil for clear skin: Indeed, you can trust this powerful remedy to make your skin clear. It has antimicrobial properties which means the oil can help you fight skin disorders like acne, psoriasis and eczema. If you have bacteria on your skin, it will pull it off from the roots and prevent your skin from getting worse. It will also lighten up any marks or scars on your skin. Gently apply it over the desired areas and allow it to settle there for some time.
- Onion essential oil for digestion: The most effective use of this beneficial oil is when you are dealing with indigestion. Onion essential oil will give you immense relief as and when you take it. Simply add a few drops of the oil to a warm glass of water. It will help you feel better instantly. However, for pregnant women, professional consideration would be advisable before consuming the oil.
- Onion essential oil for allergies: By now, you would know onion essential can do wonders to your skin. It would then be needless to tell you that even for allergies, it will do the trick. Because it is charged with anti-inflammatory characteristics, it can restore your skin to beauty. Though the chances are very rare that your allergy will get more worse, the best suggestion would be to apply the oil to a little of infected area first. If the healing is observed, you can happily apply it all over.
- Onion essential oil for bone health: Among the various onion essential oil benefits, another one that will surprise you is its capability to strengthen your bones. Even during the ancient times, the oil was used by many to make the bones physically more strong. The most natural way to build your bones more healthier would be massaging with onion essential oil.
- Onion essential oil for earache: Now that we have already told you, onion essential oil is one of the fast-working remedies to get relief from pain. It completely does away with the need to pop any painkiller drugs or medicines that may have side effects later. Earache is a common problem. To reduce the pain in your ear, all you have to do is dab a cotton in the onion essential oil and rub it on the area that is paining. It would be best to apply it at night.
- Onion essential oil for inducing sleep: It may sound quite unbelievable to you but onion essential oil can help you sleep quickly and more at peace. The aromatic fragrance of the oil in your room will encourage you to sleep in not much time. If you have difficulty in sleeping, you can try this remedy right away. Simply keep some onion essential oil in a bowl in your room, and near your bed if possible. Within a day itself you will the difference in the quality of your sleep.