Hyderabadi Baingan recipe As the name indicates Hyderabadi Baingan is a famous dish which comes from the royal kitchen of Hyderabad. This is nothing but a brinjal curry which will be the favorite dish for the people of all age group. People who want to cook a wonderful but simple recipe from the royal kitchen can try making Hyderabadi Baingan.
Ingredients – Hyderabadi Baingan recipe
- Brinjal – 500 grams
- Cumin seeds
- fenugreek seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder and red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander seeds – 2 teaspoon
- Sesame seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped onion – 2
- Tamarind pulp – 1 tablespoon
- Green chilies – finely chopped
- Peanut – ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
Cooking Method – Hyderabadi Baingan recipe
- The brinjals can be cut into quarters but it is more important to leave the stems intact. This can be soaked in salt water for a while.
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, sesame seeds, turmeric red chili powder and salt.
- Fry it well and add the soaked brinjal to this masala. Make sure that the brinjals must be drained well before adding it to the masala. The brinjal is to be cooked along with the masala for about 10 minutes.
- Now turn off the stove and keep this masala aside.
- Meanwhile grind the chopped onions and peanut and make it to a powder consistency. Collect this powder in a small bowl and keep it aside.
- Take another pan, add oil and wait until it gets heated.
- Now add the peanut and onion powder to the oil.
- Sauté this powder in oil for about three minutes.
- After three minutes, the tamarind paste and green chilies are to be added to this mixture.
- Make sure that the flame is low. Now add coriander leaves to the mixture.
- Once if the raw smell moves away, add the brinjal masala which was prepared at first. Sprinkle some water if needed.
- Maintain the flame in low and cook it for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, the gravy can be collected in a bowl and can be served.
The texture of this gravy will be very rich and hence the kids will get impressed to a greater extent. This gravy can be prepared to provide healthy and delicious gravy for the kids.