Do you know that one liquid that has surprised the mankind with its unbelievable uses and benefits? Titled as the world’s favourite, the entire globe seems to be enjoying the usefulness of olive oil. It goes without saying the Mediterranean region has given us the most precious gift for our health. Olive oil benefits are many. Here, we have picked the most advantageous ones for you. Let’s take a quick look at these!
1. Olive oil for heart disease: The admirable attributes of olive oil provide strong protection against heart diseases. While several varieties for olive oil have been observed, virgin olive oil has the most health-promoting benefits. The oil bearing roots of origination in the Mediterranean region, we cannot deny the fact that a good number of world’s healthiest and longest-living people hail from here. All you have to do is simply replace the oil you are using now for cooking with olive oil.
2. Olive oil Benefits for obesity: When you eat plenty of healthy fats, the excess of insulin remains in control. Too much of insulin can trigger the blood sugar levels to be high. This can then make you gain weight as well as obesity. Olive oil has nutrients with immense biological value. As you would know, obesity has become a major health issue as people are becoming largely dependent on unhealthy food. You can season your veggies and replace your butter with olive oil. An olive-rich diet will help you lose and maintain your weight.
3. Olive oil for alzheimer’s disease: Researchers have come up with an exciting discovery. That olive oil can be one of the best home remedies for curing Alzheimer’s disease is what they have to tell. What would be really shocking to you is the fact that olive oil alone is far healthier than fruits and vegetables! And when it comes to monounsaturated vegetable fat, the oil becomes even more healthier than saturated animal fats. So, to get the most out of olive oil, make sure you always add only fresh olive oil to your diet.
4. Olive oil Benefits for diabetes patients: While diabetes has high chances of becoming an epidemic, olive oil will help you reverse it. 1 tablespoon of olive oil has 14 grams of total fat, 2 grams of saturated fats, no cholesterol, no fiber and no sugar too. You would be wondering how so much of fat can be beneficial for you. Quite amusing fact about olive oil is that it is these fats which are contributing most of the good. It has the most healthiest types of fats. You don’t need to avoid foods rich in butter, you can rather avoid butter and use olive oil for dietary purposes.
5. Olive oil for cancer treatment: Olive oil benefits contribute a lot to eliminate cancer too. Olive oil can not only cure but also kill the cancer cells. That clearly means it can root off the sickness from your body and prevent it from developing as well. In light of this fact, doesn’t it become obvious that olive oil should be a part of your diet? At least three tablespoons of it would be recommended. It would be best to consume olive oil raw in morning to make the best possible use of its anti-cancer properties.
6. Olive oil for rheumatoid arthritis: Arthritis can cause your joints to become inflamed due to excessive swelling. There are several types of arthritis but rheumatoid arthritis is the most common among these. An unhealthy or weak immune system is one of the sole causes of this serious illness. Some years ago we had no cure for rheumatoid arthritis. However, the countless amazing benefits of olive oil can guarantee us for preventing this disease. It has many beneficial compounds that can reduce the inflammation of joints. Massaging the areas that hurt with olive oil before retiring to bed can reduce the pain and feeling of discomfort.
7. Olive oil for cracked heels: Especially for women, cracked heels can be one of the most terrible nightmares. While plenty of home remedies as well as products are available in the market to cure damaged skin over the heels, olive oil surely makes for the most effective one among these. All you have to do is take 1 tablespoon of olive oil and apply it over the damaged areas with the help of a cotton ball. Then gently massage your feet in a circular motion for at least 10 minutes. After you have done the massage, wear a pair of thick cotton socks. Remove the socks an hour later and wash your heels.
8. Olive oil Benefits for hair problems: Other than cooking, keeping some olive oil in your bathroom as well would be really helpful. Truly, olive oil is a source of goodness for healthy hair. It has rich moisturizing properties that can give your hair the best texture and also do away with any hair problems you may be facing. Using it for at least thrice a week would give you the most wonderful results. For dandruff, you can mix equal amounts of olive oil, lemon juice and water, usually a few tablespoons of each would do for you. Keep it for at least 20 minutes before you shampoo your hair. Within one week you will have the flakes gone off. For frizzy split ends, you can smoothen your hair with a little olive oil anytime. When used regularly, you will have extra soft and healthy hair. Read more about Home Remedies for Dandruff
9. Olive oil Benefits for eyesight: Olive oil can save and increase your eyesight at the same time. While you may be wondering whether or not it is safe to apply olive oil on your eyes, you will be overwhelmed to know this natural remedy has only positive results for you. However, consuming one tablespoon of olive oil raw early in the morning will help your eyes absorb most of the beneficial properties of it. But since you know how advantageous it is, in addition to an improved vision, the oil will benefit your whole body too