Recipe for making paneer biryani at home. Paneer biryani can be prepared in many different styles and making them in pressure is very common. This biryani when cooked in pressure cooker delivers the flavor of dum biryani. Since the recipe has an outstanding taste, they can be taken by the people of all age group. Parents who are interested in providing a rich recipe for their children can prepare paneer biryani. This taste rich biryani can be cooked within 30 minutes if the preparations are done in prior.
Ingredients – Recipe for making paneer biryani
As mentioned above, this is a rich food which involves more ingredients.
- One cup of basmati rice
- Paneer – 200 grams
- 4 to 5 tablespoon of ghee
- Salt to taste
- Sliced onion, chilies and chopped coriander, mint leaves
- Spices includes cardamom, tej patta, cloves, mace and shah jeera
- Ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon of Turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon of red chili powder, 1teaspoon of coriander powder and ½ teaspoon of biryani masala powder
- Fried onions for layering
- ½ cup of curd
- Rose water- 1 tablespoon
- Pinch of saffron
Preparation – Recipe for making paneer biryani
- As the first step, curd must be whisked smoothly. Once if they turn smooth, all the above mentioned spice powders and herbs are to be added to it. Salt according to the taste can also be added to the marinade. Once if the mixture is ready, paneer cubes can be added to them. While mixing it, one must make sure that the paneer cubes should not be broken down. This mixture must be kept aside for about 30 minutes. People who plan to keep it for hours can store them in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, the basmati rice must be rinsed in water several times. It is more important to make sure that they are free from starch. The rinsed rice is to be soaked in water for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, the water should be drained well. ½ tablespoon of salt and ghee can be added to the rice and must be marinated.
- On the other side, a small pinch of saffron is to be soaked in the hot water.
Cooking – Recipe for making paneer biryani
After getting ready with all the above mentioned preparations, one can start cooking.
- It is better to take a three liter pressure cooker for 1 cup of rice. The pressure cooker is to be heated and 3 tablespoons of ghee must be added to it. Once if they get heated all the whole spices can be added to the ghee and they must be fried until the flavor comes out.
- Once after the flavor comes out, sliced onions must be added to it. It is better to sauté the onions in low flame. The onions can be fried until they turn brown. Once if they turn brown, the flame can be switched off. And some amount of this onion can be placed separately.
- The remaining onion is to be spread on the bottom layer of the cooker. Make sure that they are evenly spread.
- As the next layer, paneer marinade must be evenly spread on the onion layer and finely chopped coriander leaves can be added to it.
- Once after spread it well, the soaked rice is to be spread on the marinade. And some fried onions are to be added to the top of these layers.
- As the next step, the saffron water can be sprinkled all over the rice. Rose water and kewra water can also be sprinkled along with saffron water.
- After this preparation 1 ¼ cup of water must be added to it. Make sure not to pour water in force at the center. But they must be poured slowly along the sides of the cooker.
- Now the cooker can be covered with the lid along with whistle. In the low frame, they can be cooked for about 25 minutes. The flamed can be switched off, if a whistle comes out.
- It is to be noted that the pressure cooker lid must be opened only if the pressure settles down.
Once if the lid is removed, they can be served by adding coriander leaves and fried onions at the top. If needed one can also prepare raita or gravy in order to add more flavor to the biryani.