cake in pressure cooker
Many people think that they can make cake only in oven. But the fact is they can make even in pressure cooker. People who don’t have microwave oven in their home can make spongy cake by using a pressure cooker. The recipe for making eggless cake in pressure cooker is stated below. This will definitely be the most favorable recipe for kids. Since this can be made within one hour, the kids can be treated with the delicious recipe within short time span.
Ingredients – make cake in pressure cooker
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ cup of salted butter
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Procedure to make cake in pressure cooker
- A pan is to be greased with butter and must be kept aside
- Add all purpose flour, ½ teaspoon of baking powder salted butter and a pinch of salt to a bowl
- The vanilla essence is to be added to this mixture.
- In a pan take the salted butter, condensed milk, water and sugar. Stir it well by placing the stove in low flame. This will come to boil at certain temperature. When they boil, turn off the stove and add this to the flour mixture in the bowl.
- Now whisk the mixture. Make sure that the batter should not be too thick or too thin. It is always better to maintain them in medium consistency. And it is more important to ensure that the batter is smooth without any lumps.
- Now this batter can be poured to the pan which was greased and kept aside earlier.
- Take a cooker and remove its gasket and whistle. Keeping the stove in low flame, I cup of sea salt can be added to the cooker.
- The pan with the batter is to be placed in the cooker for baking. While placing this inside the cooker, one can use a heat proof stand on which the pan is to be placed.
- After placing the pan inside, the cooker is to be closed firmly with the lid.
- The batter is to be baked in low flame for about 50 minutes.
- After this timing, the pan can be removed and they can be cooled down to remove the cake smoothly. When it comes to room temperature, the cake can be separated from the mould easily.
In order to ensure whether the batter is baked properly, one can insert a tooth pick in the center of the cake. If the tooth pick comes out without any batter, it means that they can turn off the flame and can remove the pan out of the cooker. Apart from this a well baked cake will have brown toppings. After ensuring these factors one can off the flame. If needed, one can also frost the cake with icing. They can choose the icing according to their choice.